Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Kills let us in on another inside joke.



Another gloriously grubby video from The Kills comes in the form of "Tape Song".

In a time where videos risk obsolescence, here is a band with the freedom to make as many as they want, solely because each clip is a scrappy lo-fi pisstake. This here is their most scattershot yet. I doubt Domino will spend more than $15,000 on all 5 Midnight Boom videos combined. Here's for wishing, praying, BEGGING that "Black Balloon" earns a noble treatment, because it's the album's (and possibly a career's) crowning pinnacle. Dark, mindful economy would suit it well.

Alison Mosshart's influence continues to serve me, and most of fashion kind, very well this year.
I thank fuck for her, for Shirley, for Kim Gordon, and for Patti Smith, all of whom I've recently learnt to appreciate in newly significant ways. If my raison d'etre is to forge the realms of alternative fashion and music -- and it is -- then these women are an integral part of why I do it, and why the world should take notice.

No comments: